The repercussions of the Covid-19 pandemic have been felt across the content business, but the demand for quality TV programming has never been higher. As lockdown restrictions begin to be lifted around the world, producers, distributors, broadcasters and streamers are adapting quickly to embrace new opportunities and innovative workarounds are emerging.
TBI Talks is a lively and informative new series of monthly online discussions with key players from the world of content, who cut to the heart of the challenges facing the business and the potential growth areas that the pandemic has created.
The fantastic line-up for our next session includes:
Richard Watsham is Director of Commissioning at UKTV, overseeing all aspects of originations across editorial, production and commercial partnerships. He will discuss his extensive requirements across channels including Dave, W, Eden, Alibi and on-demand service UKTV Play; explain the potential for partnerships; provide insights into navigating production restrictions; and reveal an array of opportunities.
Tim Mutimer is EVP, EMEA Sales & Acquisitions at Banijay Rights, the distribution arm of Banijay Group. Tim will explain how his company has adapted to Covid-19; identify areas where demand has surged; discuss how the market might look as lockdowns lift; and provide us with the latest on Banijay’s acquisition of Endemol Shine Group.
Maria Rua Aguete is Executive Director of Media, Service Providers & Platforms at global research powerhouse Omdia. She will provide an insight into how the most recent Covid-19 developments around the world have impacted the content business and what they spell for the future of the industry.
Jeremy Roberts, Partner and Head of Broadcasting & Content Distribution at leading UK law firm Sheridans, will offer advice on how productions can get smoothly underway once lockdowns lift and what issues businesses need to bear in mind.
Each session allows viewers to:
- Gain insight from market-leading executives on how their businesses are changing
- Find out where opportunities lie ahead
- Hear from industry-leading analysts about changing trends and demand areas
- Richard Watsham, Director of Commissioning, UKTV
- Tim Mutimer is Executive Vice President, EMEA Sales & Acquisitions at Banijay Rights
- Maria Rua Aguete, Executive Director of Media, Service Providers & Platforms, Omdia
- Jeremy Roberts, Partner and Head of Broadcasting & Content Distribution, Sheridans
- Richard Middleton, Editor, TBI