Disney has consolidated its international business units, which includes its direct-to-consumer segment, to fall under three leaders as it preps for its integration with 21st Century Fox.
Upon completion of the acquisition, Rebecca Campbell, who currently serves as president at The Walt Disney Company EMEA, will maintain oversight of the region and add Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) to her remit.
In Latin America, Diego Lerner – who is currently Lat Am president for Disney – will maintain oversight of the region.
Meanwhile, the Asia Pacific boss will be Uday Shankar, who currently serves as president at 21st Century Fox, Asia, and chairman and CEO of Star India. He will become chairman of Star and Disney India, and president of The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific.
Additionally, Janice Marinelli will serve as president of global content sales and distribution.
Responsible for DTCI’s (direct-to-consumer and International) integrated global content sales organization, she will lead and have oversight of the company’s programming sales efforts for its combined portfolio of content, as well as the distribution of branded direct-to-consumer apps and services to broadcasters, digital services and other third-party distributors around the world.
Each exec will report to Kevin Mayer, chairman of Disney’s DTCI segment, and has gained new members to their team which you can find listed below:
Joining the EMEA leadership team and reporting to Campbell, are:
- Jan Koeppen, currently president of Fox Networks Group Europe and Africa, who will serve as president of television and direct-to-consumer at Disney EMEA
- Marina Jigalova-Ozkan will continue in her current role as DTCI’s MD for Russia and Disney CIS
Joining the Latin America leadership team and reporting to Lerner, is:
- Carlos Martinez, president at Fox Networks Group, Latin America, who will serve as executive VP and GM of Media Networks in Brazil, for Disney Lat Am
Reporting to Mr. Shankar as part of the Asia Pacific leadership team will be the following current DTCI executives:
- Luke Kang, executive VP and MD, Greater China, Japan and Korea
- Kylie Watson-Wheeler, MD, Australia and New Zealand
- Chafic Najia, senior VP and MD, Middle East
Additionally, the following DTCI business leaders will all continue in their previously announced roles, reporting to Mayer:
- Rita Ferro, president, Disney Advertising Sales
- Aaron LaBerge, CTO
- Michael Paull, president at Disney Streaming Services
- Ricky Strauss, president, Content & Marketing, Disney+
In the coming weeks, DTCI plans to announce additional executives joining the three regional leadership teams as well as the global sales organization.