Lux Vide

Fremantle ups Christian Vesper to new drama role, extending prodco oversight

Fremantle has upped scripted chief Christian Vesper to a newly created role overseeing its global drama output and some of the production companies that produce it. Vesper, who had been president of global drama for Fremantle, is now CEO and reports into Andrea Scrosati, group COO and CEO of continental Europe. He will continue to […]

Fremantle buys majority stake in Italian giant Lux Vide

Fremantle has acquired a 70% stake in Italian producer Lux Vide. Under the deal, the Bernabei family will retain the remaining 30% of the company, with Luca Bernabei continuing as CEO. Andrea Scrosati, Fremantle Group COO and CEO of continental, becomes chairman of Lux Vide, while Matilde Bernabei – one of the co-founders of the […]

Gaumont taps Lux Vide’s Marco Rosi to lead new Italian arm

French production and distribution giant Gaumont has expanded into Italy, launching a new Rome-based operation led by industry veteran Marco Rosi. Rosi will serve as general manager of the new Italian arm and joins the company from Medici producer Lux Vide, where he served as head of international co-productions. In his new role, Rosi will […]

Amazon Prime Video takes ‘Leonardo’ UK & Ireland rights

Amazon Prime Video has taken exclusive UK and Ireland rights to Leonardo, a new drama based on the life of Leonardo da Vinci. The eight-part series was created by Frank Spotnitz (The X-Files, The Man In The High Castle) and Steve Thompson (Sherlock, Doctor Who), with Dan Percival (Death Comes to Pemberley) and Alexis Sweet […]

Sony Pictures Television joins The Alliance’s Leonardo Da Vinci drama

Sony Pictures Television (SPT) has partnered up with Italian duo Lux Vide and Rai Fiction on an eight-part limited drama about Leonardo da Vinci that stars Poldark’s Aidan Turner. Leonardo has been created by Big Light Production’s Frank Spotnitz (The Man In The High Castle) and Steve Thompson (Sherlock) and will explore the character of […]